We are now partnered up with Action Auto Glass so we are able to now help you with your Auto Glass!
Call us! 303.933.9023. Action Auto Glass is your best choice in professional glass replacement for your vehicle. We have been serving the Denver community for nearly 25 years and owe it to our personal care and satisfaction!
Not only can we help you with your auto glass, but we can also do ADAS systems too!
At TownCenterAuto.com, Not only are we experts at fixing these systems but also can tweak these for you!
Increasing numbers of new cars are equipped with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). Some of the more common ones include:
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure warning
- Lane keeping assist
- Blind spot monitoring
- Rear cross traffic alert
- Parking assist/self-parking
- Adaptive headlights that steer with the vehicle
- Automatic headlight high-beam activation and dimming
- Most ADAS sensors are very precisely aimed and require calibration if their positions are disturbed in any way. Consider that a sensor on the car that is out of alignment by a fraction of an inch or even one degree will be aimed at an area significantly off axis 50 or more feet down the road. Misaimed sensors often result from collisions – even a minor fender bender can knock ADAS sensors out of alignment. However, calibration can also be required as a byproduct of common car service work such as windshield replacement, suspension repair or wheel alignment.Failure to calibrate a sensor when necessary can result in faulty information that will cause ADAS to operate improperly or not at all. Faulty sensor input can cause:
- A warning light or message on the instrument panel
- A diagnostic trouble code (DTC) being stored in the vehicle’s computer memory
- Steering wheel vibration
- Vehicle steering pull
- Increased steering effort
The most common types of ADAS sensors are cameras, radar units, ultrasonic transmitters and steering angle sensors.
Today’s cars are technological wonders. It is estimated that a modern high-end car has 100 million lines of code, more than what was found on the Space Shuttle. When properly designed, these systems, referred to also as ADAS, use a human-machine interface to improve the driver’s ability to react to dangers on the road.The role of ADAS is to prevent deaths and injuries by reducing the number of car accidents and the serious impact of those that cannot be avoided.
The importance of ‘Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS)’ is growing as various automobile accidents due to driver negligence occur frequently. Regardless of cars, the importance of advanced safety specifications is increasing day by day. Among them, the most representative and core ‘Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS)’ is a key technology for autonomous vehicles in the near future, and It is a safety technology that prevents small accidents in advance. The development of ADAS has occurred rapidly in just two to three years, and even for models of the same generation, the ADAS specifications applied before and after facelift are quite different.